• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

book module

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I work in the book module and return afterwoods again to make ammendments, the book returns to the oldest version and is not retaining the latest corrections, this means everytime I have to start from scrach and ammend everything again.

Why is lightroom forgetting my intermediate work?

this is very time consuming and frustrating and already caused print problems

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are reopening the same catalog, and not an older version of your catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eu criei a coleção do livro. Aparece a marca do icone do livro do lado. Quando ajusto alguma foto na biblioteca e vou voltar ao livro, some tudo o que eu editei no livro. Muito chato e frustrante.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you saving the book? Are you using Create Saved Book?

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes saved and a collection is generated.Y When doing some adjustment in

the library, add the pages made and lose all the work.

Paulo Marrucho

Em 15/11/2018 22:58, SeanMcCormack escreveu:

BOOK MODULE

created by SeanMcCormack in Lightroom Classic CC -- The desktop-focused app - View the full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload a screen shot of your save book open in the book module. After you make a change - are you re-saving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Using Mac OS Mojave with latest LR CC Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to replicate this problem. I've made changes to a saved book, changed modules, collections etc. when I select the save book and go to the book module the changes are there. MBP, Mojave and Lr v.8.0 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that you are using Version 8.0. The book module in 8.0 is a disaster. I had your same problem. I re-installed 7.5 and the problem went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugs in the Book Module are steadily appearing for users of Classic v8.0

If you value preserving your Book designs I suggest moving back to v7.5

See this link for others with the same problem of the Book not "Saving" the edits-

Lightroom Classic 8.0: Book Module bug | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

simular topic here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10769023?sr=search&searchId=8eebba4e-b0a4-48cf-a78f-28ac7a006111&se...

I just had a chat with guy from adobe support. He helped me solving the problem.

Go to: Lightroom->Preferences->Performance

Increase the value in Camera RAW Cache to 5 or more GB and delete the cache by pressing the button in the same row at the right side. This may take a while. Afterwards close LR and reopen it. For me this solved the problem, changes do not disapear again.

I don't know if it will fix already built books, but new ones are able to be saved again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same unexpected and frustrating Book module problem with Mojave / Lr Classic ver 8. Edits were difficult and most of them didn't save.

I tried hauke_bendt's suggestion regarding the Cache without success

I finally rolled Lr Classic back to version 7.5 as per WobertC's suggestion... Success! (so far). All my edits seem to be saved once again.

I'm disappointed that the Adobe Lr website did not list this as a known problem, when I checked it immediately prior to finally installing Mojave. Had the Book module problem been noted, I wouldn't have installed Mojave. I got the impression that all the compatibility issues were related to the older versions of Lr Classic, and that I should move to Lr Classic 8 prior to installing Mojave, which I did.

Thanks to the OP for creating this thread. I very much value Lr Classic's Book module. I hope Adobe does as well. For me, it would be a game changer if Adobe lets Classic fade away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines