• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot download it on my laptop

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot download Flash on my laptop, I do not understand the instructions provided.

The help page says I have the up to date version but I clearly don't when I open my Adobe reader to view an interactive document it is prompting  to download the last version of flash.

Please do not send me the standard link to down flash I have done it too many times and checked my operating system.

I need an Adobe employee to remote control my computer and just do it for me just like they have done with a program I pay for. I have had enough now it's pathetic that Adobe cannot provide direct assistance because it's free yet you need it alongside all the other programs but cannot get the same quality of assistance?  Instead I have to type out my issue and sift through so many similar threads to possibly get a resolve.

If you can solve this issue asap would be a great help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Hi shamaram34807456,

Adobe Reader uses the NPAPI plugin, not the ActiveX Control which is used by IE.  This is why when you go to either the download page or the Flash Player Help page with IE it's indicating you already have Flash Player installed.

Please go to Adobe Reader and Acrobat Flash Player Download for Windows to download the NPAPI plugin used by Adobe Reader.

It is my understanding that the 'get Flash Player' notification in Reader is supposed to point to this page.  Is this not the case

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide more information

Before posting, please read and provide the following information:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STOP SENDING MAILD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi https://forums.adobe.com/people/a.g.p.%20adelaara43060492,

Several of us have provided you with instructions numerous times on how to edit your preferences to stop receiving email.  You have thus far failed to follow these instructions to edit your preferences to stop receiving email and continue to spam valid discussions with your 'STOP SENDING MAILD !!!!!!!!!!!!' post.  As such, I have submitted your name to the forum Admins to consider deactivating your ID from the forums.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html following the instructions on this link it says I have the latest version when I check the box. I have checked to see if shockwave flash object flash player is enabled in internet explorer by managing add on. I can see the cloud moving in the animation.

But when I open adobe reader it says I need to download the latest version of flash? I can't screenshot it?

I have a 64 bit operating system. I don't know what version of internet explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi shamaram34807456,

Adobe Reader uses the NPAPI plugin, not the ActiveX Control which is used by IE.  This is why when you go to either the download page or the Flash Player Help page with IE it's indicating you already have Flash Player installed.

Please go to Adobe Reader and Acrobat Flash Player Download for Windows to download the NPAPI plugin used by Adobe Reader.

It is my understanding that the 'get Flash Player' notification in Reader is supposed to point to this page.  Is this not the case?  Can you post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the Reader dialog message informing you Flash Player is needed.  If there is a link on the message, post the link.  If there is indeed an issue with the link we can escalate to the Reader team.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Thank you for your help.

This has worked for allowing the video content to work in my PDF.

But animation of text still isn't working? Is this a Flash Player issue?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the PDF in question?  You can upload it to cloud.acrobat.com using the instructions at How to share a document

What version of Adobe Reader do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2016 May 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Please see attached my interactive file.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video in the document which is on the first page doesn't seem to be playing now?

If you click on the video it's meant to link to a website but it doesn't allow me. It says Acrobat doesn't allow connections to the particular website?

All these features I have mentioned work in InDesign just not when converted as a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you're getting the security warning, this is part of Acrobat's security feature.

I'm a novice Acrobat user (and have yet to use inDesign) and couldn't direct you to the best way to develop your interactive PDF to not show this (my focus in on Flash Player installers, and I'm not very familiar with this embedding Flash content in PDFs).  There are a number of resources on the internet for creating interactive PDFs in Acrobat and in inDesign that I assume cover what you are trying to achieve.  If you haven't done so yet, the InDesign or Acrobat forums would be good places to start. as well.

--

Mari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines