• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to register Version 24..0.186

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to load onto Windows Internet Explorer the above version of Flash Player. I keep the following:

Failed to Register

I reviewed all of the ideas on what to do. Shock wave isn't even showing on my computer to enable nor can I down load it.

I can't get to my games because they what me to update my flash player. I cleaned cache, reboot computer, and tried everything that I know.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Shockwave could refer to Shockwave Player of Flash Player (Flash Player is labeled as Shockwave Flash in IE).

Permissions can become corrupt due to various reasons, such as software installations.  It's really difficult to pin down why.

Can you please provide the updated files?  I have something else for you to try, that hopefully will give us more information, but I'd like to see the new FlashInstall.log files first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

'Failed to register' errors usually indicate a permissions issue with the registry or file system where Flash Player writes to/saves files to.  To confirm this, I'll need to get the FlashInstall.log file from your system.  The file is saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  If this is a 64-bit OS, there is another FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.  Both files are required from a 64-bit OS.  Upload the file(s) to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document  and post the link to the uploaded file(s) in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the upload.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/593bb469-1cec-44ce-8863-41cf0d2c001c

Thank you for your help in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LynneGold

Both files provided were from the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directory.  Please upload the FlashIntall.log file from the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash directory.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is new link, I also included a screen print of each directory, in System 32 z& System 64, they both look the same?

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/0bde6670-ebaa-48af-9b32-7439478b0c57

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LynneGold

Thank you very much for posting the screenshots.  They were very helpful. The files in the System32 directory are not the correct files.  As you noted, both directories contain the same files, and this shouldn't be the case.  The files in the system32 directory are the files that belong in the SysWOW64 directory, and the files that are supposed to exist in the system32 directory aren't there.  Please try the following:

1. Download the uninstaller posted at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows
  2. Download the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section.  There are 3 files.  You want to download the file for Internet Explorer
  3. Reboot your system
  4. Make sure programs that use Flash Player are not running (e.g. Internet Explorer, instant messaging clients, games, etc).  If they are, exit out of them.
  5. Run the uninstaller downloaded in step 1
    1. If you get an error, stop and take a screenshot of the error.
    2. Take a screenshot of both C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directories
    3. Upload the screenshots and the FlashInstall.log files from both C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directories to cloud.acrobat.com/send
    4. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply
  6. If the uninstaller completes without error, reboot your system
  7. Make sure programs that use Flash Player are not running (e.g. Internet Explorer, instant messaging clients, games, etc).  If they are, exit out of them.
  8. Run the installer downloaded in step 2
    1. If you get an error, take a screenshot of the error
    2. Take a screenshot of both C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directories
    3. Upload the screenshots and the FlashInstall.log files from both C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directories to cloud.acrobat.com/send
    4. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply

Please use the Window's Snipping Tool to take a screenshot of just the windows in question, not the entire desktop.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstall went fine. The program told me that it was not installed. Attached is error log, pictures of folders, and logs. It looks like everything is the same. I turned everything off that I could think of.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/c4f7bac0-383b-4a4c-99b1-dfd71ef1dc9f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional files.

It's looks like you're running Windows 7.  Is this correct?

Can you please try right-clicking on installation file and selecting 'Run as Administrator'?  Does it install or fail again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have windows 7. It failed again when I ran as admin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming.  Essentially installation if failing due to a permissions issue on the file system and/or registry.  There are a few options you can try.  You don't have to run all of them.  Attempt to install Flash Player after each option.

1. Run System File Checker: See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833 for instructions
  2. If that doesn't work, run SubInACL tool to rest registry and file system permissions, on registry/directories Flash Player writes to.  See How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?
  3. If neither of the above work, run SubInACL on the entire file system: See https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2006/09/04/solving-setup-errors-by-using-the-subinacl-tool...

Since these modify registry and file system permissions it's highly recommended to backup your system before executing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still isn't working, please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the options provided solved the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it did not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it failing with the same 'failed to register' error?  Can you please upload new FlashInstall.log files, from attempting to install Flash Player after resetting the registry/file system permissions?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read on someone else's experience about a program named shock wave, please advise. Also when I did sublet, was I supposed to do the uninstall first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave could refer to Shockwave Player of Flash Player (Flash Player is labeled as Shockwave Flash in IE).

Permissions can become corrupt due to various reasons, such as software installations.  It's really difficult to pin down why.

Can you please provide the updated files?  I have something else for you to try, that hopefully will give us more information, but I'd like to see the new FlashInstall.log files first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I went back to square 1. I uninstalled program, and carefully read all of the steps. Then I loaded the SubinACL installer and rrset_fp.zip file, and I got the program to finally install. So my error was not going back and uninstalling before using SubinACL. Thanks your patience and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear the more restrictive reset_fp.bat file worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm the only person one my computer so how can I have admin issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what same issue occurred with new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to uninstall, run subincacl, and ftbat to get it to work again. Please elevate so it does not happen next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm back. According to computer, I have the new version of 25. installed. However, when I go to check it, it states that is not there. I can see if on the add on options as being enabled. It is working in chrome but not in internet explorer. What can I do. I know that I am not the only person having this issue. I followed everything above, and did a complete install. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'failed to register' error is due to a permissions issue on your system.  Something (perhaps a/v software, or some other program) is modifying the permissions on the system resulting in Flash Player not being able to register.  If you're running a/v software you can try disabling it when installing Flash Player.

Chrome and IE use 2 different plugins that are not interchangeable, so Flash Player working on Chrome has no bearing on it not working on IE.  Please see the Enable Flash Player for Internet Explorer  tech note for assistance on enabling Flash Player on IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is A/V program? Anyone in particular that causes issue. I got it working my doing what I did before. However, I had a lot of friends who had the same issue on internet explorer so I think it's might an issue with your side also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a/v is anti-virus software

Any number of things cause permissions to be modified on a system, for exampleP anti-virus software locking registry or file system to prevent changes, software making changes to registry/file system, etc.

If Flash Player doesn't have access to the registry and/or file system in can't register the ActiveX Control.  This isn't an issue with Flash Player installer, but with the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines