Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot install Flash player For Internet Explorer Activex on Windows7

New Here ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with flash player on Internet Explorer.

I'm working on Windows7 and I'm trying to install flash player but I always have error messages when the installation process is above to end.

I've follows all instructions on the flash player help pages for Windows.

I downloaded lfash player for Internet Explorer Activex but when the installer come to 100% an error message appear and says "installation of Activex control for flash player has failed'

I have unsinstall flayer on my computer and try to reinstall olders versions. the flash player has no installation problem on Firefox but can't any it on internet explorer even olders versions.

Then I have many apps on my computer wich are no more working because they need flash player for internet Explorer.

Thank you for helping me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Hi GFAngel-9,

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  It was very helpful.

For the non-French speaking folks who may come across this post, the error is "Flash Player ActiveX Control fails to register".

The registration error is usually returned when there are permissions issues in either the registry or the file system where Flash Player is installed to.  Please see the FAQ How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player? or the tech note Flash Player | Windows registry permissions‌.  Th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2015 May 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gfangel-9,

What is the name of the file you are using? Please post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum) of the installer dialog with the error message.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The name for the file I'm using is flashplayer_17_ax_debug.exe

You can see below a screenshoot of the installer dialog with the error.

( I hope you'll undertand the meaning of the error message altough it is in french )

fp-install-screenshoot.jpg

thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2015 May 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GFAngel-9,

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  It was very helpful.

For the non-French speaking folks who may come across this post, the error is "Flash Player ActiveX Control fails to register".

The registration error is usually returned when there are permissions issues in either the registry or the file system where Flash Player is installed to.  Please see the FAQ How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player? or the tech note Flash Player | Windows registry permissions‌.  The FAQ includes a video on running the fix while the tech note contains more detailed information on the permissions issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines