• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DO I have to download creative cloud in order to update Photoshop CS5?

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days ago I upgraded to OS X Yosemite version 10.10.1 since doing so Photoshop isn't working properly and won't save any new files. I'm on an iMac but only have 75 GB of storage left unused of 500 GB. Do I need to free up space before I can download updates? Do I need to download Creative Cloud? I started installing Adobe updates from the Photoshop dropdown menu Photoshop/Help/Updates. The installation was going along fine then it stopped. I don't know if my computer went to sleep or the surge protector went to sleep or if the installation stopped for another reason but when I tried to continue it was I told to QUIT and retry which I did but I keep getting the same error message:

“Some updates failed to install.
There was an error downloading this update. Please quit and try again.”

I have quit and rebooted several times and I still get the same message.

Do I need to download Creative Cloud first? Where do I start?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Thanks. I solved the problem by updating Creative Cloud Photography. Hopefully it will be the right solution. Thank you for taking the time to give feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud should have no bearing on CS5 matters (but unfortunately they made it to be the replacement for the application manager).

See if direct updates work...

Product updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Ned. I solved the problem by updating Creative Cloud Photography. Hopefully it will be the right solution. Thank you for taking the time to give feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yosemite sometimes has problems, often related to "default" permissions needing to be changed

-one person's solution https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1689788

-and a Java update https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1507936

-update may break things https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1772260

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I solved the problem by updating Creative Cloud Photography. Hopefully it will be the right solution. Thank you for taking the time to give feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines