• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeated prompts to download FP

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Macbook Pro OS 10.8.5, I have updated and installed FP, yet keep getting repeated notices to download and install, which interrupt my work. How can I turn off these prompts?

Thanks,

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates tab.  What version is listed for NPAPI and/or PPAPI?

If version 22.0.0.209 is listed for both, the latest version is installed.  If not, it would be the reason for the update notification.

If you do have the latest version installed, did you install the update without restarting the browser?  If so, restart the browser for the new version to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the version installed today and the problem seems to have disappeared. Perhaps the Flash Player update required me to go through 5 separate updates to different versions before it arrived at the final one. I started reinstalling update when I got the prompt. You would expect it to update directly to the current version.

Yes I followed instructions and restarted the browser each time.

Thanks for this response, but it doesn't really answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should have updated to the latest version from the get go as the online and offline/standalone installers don't do incremental updates.

If you'd like to provide the install log file, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, I can take a look and see if they reveal anything of significance.  the log file is saved at ~/Library/Logs (this is the users Library directory, not system).  Upload the file to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document  and post the link to the uploaded file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I did get the prompt to go away by repeatedly installing the program when the prompt came up. I don't want to spend any more time on this . . . having to deal with it at all was a time suck.

But thanks for your offer.

Best,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having this same issue and yes, i have the latest version of flash player installed.  it just keeps telling me i'm out of date and need to update, and then when i update and restart my browser etc, i still get the same message.  This has been going on for a while now, and now i'm at a point where no flash sites are loading at all without getting this message. 

here are my specs: 

Macbook Pro (Retina, 13 inch, early 2015)

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

Have tried with both Safari & Chrome and having the same issue on both.

I'm not really good at coding or the library file stuff, but please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@https://forums.adobe.com/people/Alexander%20Haupt

Google Chrome embeds Flash Player and all updates are released by Google via a Chrome update or a component update.

Using Safari go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click on the 'Check Now' button.  What is the detected system information for Flash Player version, browser, and operating system?

To really troubleshoot further, I'll need to get the FlashInstallManager.log file.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and upload the FlashInstallManager.log file to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop sending me emails requesting that I indicate the question was answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@https://forums.adobe.com/people/Robert%20Withers

To turn off email notifications, edit your profile:

• Click on the down arrow next to your avatar (upper right)
  • Under Personal select Preferences
  • Turn On/Off each individual set of notifications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@https://forums.adobe.com/people/Alexander%20Haupt

Also, please provide screenshots of the browser when you get the out-of-date message and the update notification dialog window (if one is being displayed).

Also, while Flash Player installer doesn't force a browser restart for an upgrade installation, some browsers (Safari being one of them) do require the browser to be restarted to load the updated plugin.  Please ensure you have restarted the browser after upgrading to ensure the updated plugin is loaded.

After upgrading go to System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates tab.  What version is displayed as being installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines