• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2017 crash when I Click and Drag

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! This is a follow up from this post: Premiere Pro CC 2014 crash when I Click and Drag

I'm having the exact same problem with different system settings. Because my subscription is still active and this error is making the program IMPOSSIBLE to work on I'm creating a new post and asking kindly if anyone knows a answer for this.

My reply in the original post was:

--------------------------------------------

This forum post has been at least a good consolation. Here I am in December 2017 having the — SAME ERROR here, and I'm running Windows 10! Same problem started happening at the same time (!!!) also in my Windows 7 Laptop. I'm really screwed by Adobe in the past week. Even tried phone calling them, but I will not even enter this topic so we can at least try to resolve this issue peacefully

I'm 99,99% sure the problem is with Premiere because of the multiple machines error, but nevertheless here are some important info:

I don't have PushBullet.

I've tried restarting my machine (resolves the issue for a while, then it happens again).

I've tried cleaning my preferences and cleaning my Media Cache.

I've tried uninstalling Premiere and installing it again.

I've tried downgrading from Premiere 2018 to 2017.

I've tried reinstalling Google Chrome.

I've tried using Premiere Pro after restarting my machine WITHOUT launching any other program (including Chrome). It crashed after a while.

I have not installed any new software on my PC. The only thing that I can think of is the 2018 Premiere Pro upgrade made about 1 month ago (and the problem started a couple of days ago).

Tried editing with GPU Rendering and Software Only.

Tried upgrading my video driver.

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, OK?

So, Is there any comprehensive solution or should I give up and cancel Adobe Creative Cloud subscription?

Moderator Note: Please do not use profanity. It is against our community guidelines. These forums are read by people of all ages.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a few folks having this issue.  I've not yet seen a "do this and it'll work" solution.

You can try some troubleshooting, see if anything helps.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim I'm aware of all of this troubleshooting methods and I have tried most of them. But it is important to say that this is not the case for doing crazy wizardry just to make the software work as it should. This is a paid software and I sincerely expected a better support from Adobe then letting the users discover by themselves some crazy solutions.

I'm aware of the inherent "geekness" that our work calls for and I already had many problems with Premiere that I found a solution this way. But this time is different. I already gave up of finding a solution and I'm having to restart my computer every 15 minutes to get my work done.

Sincerely,

Moderator Warning: This is another warning for profanity. Use of profanity is unacceptable, even if implied or if you use initials. Please make a note of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can file a bug report.  But as not everyone is having the issue, Adobe may have some difficulty finding the cause.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This — still remains!

Moderator Warning: Please do not use profanity. It is against our community guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and tried all this solutions, I have reported a bug. But like everyone here I need a solution.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem and I have tried pretty much everything

The only thing that seems to work *TEMPORARILY* is restarting the machine, but only for a little while, usually less than an hour

It's been pretty much impossible to use Premiere for the past 2 weeks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You described exactly the same thing that I'm passing through here.

I'm grateful for everybody that is coming up about this issue.

I will start to post here every time this — happens so that adobe knows how impossible it is to work this way.

So.... Crash number 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will start to post here every time this — happens

That won't help.  This is a user forum.

Filing a Bug Report every time it happens might.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been sending Bug Reports everytime and still no solution.

It really bums me out having to pay for a barely functional software every month, though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did say it might help.

Problems aren't always fixed according to our desires.  I've been wanting Adobe to fix CinemaDNG support for over a year, and the AutoSave feature for a year and a half.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim_Simon  escreveu

I did say it might help.

Problems aren't always fixed according to our desires.  I've been wanting Adobe to fix CinemaDNG support for over a year, and the AutoSave feature for a year and a half.

Sorry, I was just venting my frustration, not complaining about your suggestion.

Anyway, the difference here is that the problem me and others here are having is pretty serious, I've been unable to work with Premiere Pro for more than 40~60min before the error occurs and I'm forced to reboot my PC since the 2018 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CinemaDNG issue is serious enough that Premiere Pro cannot be used at all with that media.  You can't get more serious than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Paid for software - and we pay a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Karla_Fronio,

Sorry for this frustrating issue.

This forum post has been at least a good consolation. Here I am in December 2017 having the — SAME ERROR here, and I'm running Windows 10! Same problem started happening at the same time (!!!) also in my Windows 7 Laptop.

Sounds like a similar situation as happened previously. I hope we can help you find a solution.

I'm really screwed by Adobe in the past week. Even tried phone calling them, but I will not even enter this topic so we can at least try to resolve this issue peacefully

Are you sure you contacted official Adobe support? I see no records of any cases filed under your email address. Can you kindly contact them again and receive a case number I can follow up and escalate if necessary? Here's how to contact us: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support? Be sure to ask for the "video queue." Feel free to send me a PM with that case number from the agent.

I'm 99,99% sure the problem is with Premiere because of the multiple machines error

Keep in mind that the last error that was very similar to this one was not Premiere Pro, but an app installed into the Google Chrome browser. Many computers have similar components loaded onto them, so I don't know if I'm sure that I'd diagnose all ills on Premiere Pro. That said, it certainly could be related to Premiere Pro—let's find out.

I don't have PushBullet.

Have you tried completely uninstalling Google Chrome? I'd do that. You can always put it back. As an aside, it's not a good idea to have Chrome running concurrently with Premiere Pro. It is a huge drag on the GPU as are other apps, like Spotify.

I've tried using Premiere Pro after restarting my machine WITHOUT launching any other program (including Chrome). It crashed after a while.

You are saying that your computer is crashing after Premiere Pro is open for awhile in addition to it crashing when dragging clips to the Timeline?

• If so, what kind of footage are you using?
  • Does it contain any Dolby elements that need decoding (like .ac3)?
  • Have you tried transcoding the footage as a test?
  • Have you tested your issues with a brand new project?

Hope we can help. Please come back with any questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin-Monahan  escreveu

Hello Karla_Fronio,

Sorry for this frustrating issue.

This forum post has been at least a good consolation. Here I am in December 2017 having the — SAME ERROR here, and I'm running Windows 10! Same problem started happening at the same time (!!!) also in my Windows 7 Laptop.

Sounds like a similar situation as happened previously. I hope we can help you find a solution.

I'm really screwed by Adobe in the past week. Even tried phone calling them, but I will not even enter this topic so we can at least try to resolve this issue peacefully

Are you sure you contacted official Adobe support? I see no records of any cases filed under your email address. Can you kindly contact them again and receive a case number I can follow up and escalate if necessary? Here's how to contact us: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?  Be sure to ask for the "video queue." Feel free to send me a PM with that case number from the agent.

I'm 99,99% sure the problem is with Premiere because of the multiple machines error

Keep in mind that the last error that was very similar to this one was not Premiere Pro, but an app installed into the Google Chrome browser. Many computers have similar components loaded onto them, so I don't know if I'm sure that I'd diagnose all ills on Premiere Pro. That said, it certainly could be related to Premiere Pro—let's find out.

I don't have PushBullet.

Have you tried completely uninstalling Google Chrome? I'd do that. You can always put it back. As an aside, it's not a good idea to have Chrome running concurrently with Premiere Pro. It is a huge drag on the GPU as are other apps, like Spotify.

You are saying that your computer is crashing after Premiere Pro is open for awhile in addition to it crashing when dragging clips to the Timeline?

• If so, what kind of footage are you using?
  • Does it contain any Dolby elements that need decoding (like .ac3)?
  • Have you tried transcoding the footage as a test?
  • Have you tested your issues with a brand new project?

Hope we can help. Please come back with any questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

I read your suggestions and none of them covers my situation. The problem is not tied to a specific project or footage, is a problem with drag and drop anywhere in Adobe Premiere Pro 2018. The error occurs as soon as I start draggin anything, even when I drag an effect to a custom bin or just trying to move anything anywhere.

It occurs even after a fresh reboot with no other software running. The error started after the 2018 update. I've sent a video showing the error to the Adobe Premiere Twitter but I got no response:

Febre Gundam on Twitter: "@AdobePremiere ever since the update to CC 2018 this is what happens every...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

i having the same issue and pretty much tried the same things you have done. have you managed to get it solved? there is one thing that i havent tried yet that is to unistall google chrome. is it really one option? or at least to let it closed while editing?

thanks and regards,

alexandre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a solution as I have had the same problem, so I opened up documents >> adobe >> delete the WHOLE premiere pro folder >> then just turn on Adobe Premiere Pro it should work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up... I am having the same issue here... I was on the Adobe Premiere Pro free trial so I could decide if I would buy it or not. Definitely NOT.

This is ridiculous, I've seen posts about the same error from over 5 years ago. How can they still have the same issue?

I'm completely annoyed because I was supposed to be done with this video 2 days ago and nothing I do will solve this issue. It isn't even a hard edit and I can't finish it. I'm going to have to start over in another program, thank you very much Adobe. I'm never going to consider using Premiere Pro again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem here.

i7 6700k + gtx 770+ 16gb ram
I only use clips from sony a6500 mp4 1080p60. 50MB
A new project or old one, no difference at all. As soon as I click and drag, IT CRASHES !
I tried new sequence, new project, format all my PC, restart PC, tried to install the 2017 verson. The same result.

I need to delivery a video tomorrow, and just today my PR crashes 13 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, I solved the problem when I updated the nvidia video card in Windows:

Control Panel > Device Manager > Video Adapters > nvidia card > (right button on mouse) Update driver ...

Then I rebooted the computer and returned to normal operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEY EVERYONE!!!

Not sure if there was a solution to this problem, but I found something that worked for me. (Hopeful it will work for you all too.)

I had a TEXT clip (I needed to text to hold a place for photos and create a clip with the text tool). Once I removed this text clip, it didn't crash when I selected ALL or moved all the clips in the one hour episode.

I found this by selecting every clip on the timeline one by one until that clip made it crash. Upon opening it next I selected and deleted it quickly. Then I moved a couple clips so as to create new render files. Boom. Fixed.

Hopeful this will help ya'll out too!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a solution as I have had the same problem, so I opened up documents >> adobe >> delete the WHOLE premiere pro folder >> then just turn on Adobe Premiere Pro it should work...

As my problem was it was showing a green/pink image as the video was playing (at first then I turned it off and turned it back on)
Then I couldn't Import/Export and it would give me a crash error, so I did what I did above with deleting the whole file now everything is fine again.. Just take out all your projects before you do this or you'll lose your stuff of course... Hope this helps ❤️ !!! @karla_fronio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been for 2 days trying to figure out and doing everything everyone said in all posts about this issue and still nothing...

Running Windows 10 Pro

Premiere Pro CC 2019

Intel UHD 620 with driver 25.20

I can do everything on Premiere but dragging clips already in the timeline to another position. Be it video, audio, different sources, whatever. Crashes without any message.

I've tried every single thing the first post in this thread mentions and same results...

In my case I installed in parallel the 2018 to the 2019 and also same problem.

If I use GPU rendering clips have a weird green thing over, if I disable they play alright but the dragging around issue still occurs.

Video driver is the latest, I tried also returning to a previous one, same issue...

Chrome is currently uninstalled.

I don't have PushBullet.

I've tried restarting my machine (resolves the issue for a while, then it happens again).

I've tried cleaning my preferences and cleaning my Media Cache.

I've tried uninstalling Premiere and installing it again.

I've tried downgrading from Premiere 2018 to 2017.

I have not installed any new software on my PC. The only thing that I can think of is the 2018 Premiere Pro upgrade made about 1 month ago (and the problem started a couple of days ago).

Tried editing with GPU Rendering and Software Only.

Tried upgrading my video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an ongoing problem in 2019, using CC2018 and a brand-new Imac 2019. I have filed countless bug reports, but Adobe has still not found a fix. And whenever a staff moderator says, "don't run Chrome" or "uninstall recent plugins" or "change your GPU settings," it means they are still nowhere near a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines