• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shared PDF will not open in Acrobat

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been sent a shared PDF that has been shared through Acrobat Pro, but the file will not open in Acrobat (non-Pro). Do I have to download the Pro version or is there a way to troubleshoot this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sshatas,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are not able to open a Shared PDF in Acrobat, Is that correct?

Please download and install the freeware Adobe Reader DC and try opening the PDF and see if this brings any changes Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Do you have Acrobat Standard installed, to check the version installed, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Try opening the PDF file in a browser like Chrome, or Firefox, or Safari.

Please check the PDF properties from File>Properties>Security and share a screenshot of the document properties with us, to share the screenshot, refer to https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Is it a Mac or Windows machine? Are you getting any specific error code or messages?

You can also refer and try the suggestions from the following KB article Can't open PDF

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat DC Pro on a Mac. The file opens in both Preview and in Chrome, but when opened in Acrobat, the program closes and no error messages shows up. The PDF properties are below:

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 3.09.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates. Reboot the machine after the installation of updates.

Reset the preferences of Acrobat, to reset the preference refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

reboot the machine and install Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is still persisting. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat twice now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Sshatas,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused.

Please share the following details as well:

is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can try it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

If possible, please create a test user profile with full admin rights and try and see if this issue is reproducible.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines